The College at Brockport is transitioning from the ANGEL Learning Management System to Blackboard Learn during the 2014-2015 academic year.
Transition Updates - Spring 2015
- Blackboard is now available at https://brockport.open.suny.edu
- The use of Blackboard is anticipated to grow in Spring 2015 with the following participation:
- 500+ Course Sections
- 150+ Faculty
- 4,200+ Students
- 5+ Academic Departments fully transitioned
- The Fall Semester Phase I Early Adopter program included significant participation:
- 150+ Course Sections
- 50+ Faculty
- 2,100+ Students
- Registration for Blackboard workshops for Phase II now open
- The transition will take place in phases from Summer 2014 through Summer 2015
- ANGEL will continue to run concurrently with Blackboard until Fall 2015
- Blackboard will be supported by the Open SUNY Help Desk allowing faster resolution of common issues by an expanded team of full-time professionals.
- Blackboard will provide better mobile device support
- Content from ANGEL courses can be migrated to Blackboard courses
- Blackboard will provide additional integrations to publishers, content providers and other resources
- April 9, 2014: Official project kick-off
- July – August 2014: Early Adopter Faculty Training
- August 2014: Phase I Early Adopter Courses on Blackboard
- Fall 2014: Phase II Faculty Training
- January 2015: Phase II Courses on Blackboard
- Spring - Summer 2015: Full Campus Training
- Fall 2015: All Courses on Blackboard
These pages offer links to various sources that offer instruction on how to use the Blackboard Learn services.
Brockport offers training for instructors on the new Blackboard Learn system and on how to migrate your existing courses from ANGEL. Check this page for migration training dates and information.
Please direct any Blackboard transition questions to the Learning Systems Team by calling (585) 395-5151, option #1 or through our self-service portal Service Now (login required).
Blackboard Support is provided by the Open SUNY Help Desk. Support questions can be directed to 585-395-5151, option #6 or by visiting http://open.suny.edu/help.
Last Updated 12/30/15