When using ANGEL with Google Chrome, you may encounter blank screens when you try to access links, videos, or library articles. This is the result of a security feature in Google Chrome called Mixed Content Blocking. Intended as a security response to “man in the middle” attacks, this feature blocks non-https content from displaying in an https page by default unless specifically allowed during each page visit.
1. If you click on a link or content item in ANGEL and only a blank screen appears, check the upper right corner of your screen for the Shield icon. This icon indicates that Google Chrome has blocked the page from displaying.
2. Click on the Shield icon and a box will pop-up asking if you want to “Load unsafe script”. Click the “Load unsafe script” text to allow the page to display.
3. Google Chrome will refresh your screen and you may need to navigate back to the appropriate link or content item in ANGEL.
4. Now when you click the link, the page should display. The address bar in your browser will display the https URL in red with a line through it to denote that mixed content is being displayed in Google Chrome.
5. Please Note: Due to the security in Google Chrome, you will have to follow this process every time you encounter the blank screen and see the Shield icon in the upper right corner of your screen.
If you have any additional questions or issues, please contact the Help Desk at 585-395-5151, option #1 or email@example.com
Still Need Help? Chat with support