Important Note: This procedure is only for use with Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard or 10.6 Snow Leopard. If you are running an earlier version of OS X you will not be able to access your Exchange mailbox through applications and will instead need to use webmail (see NEW Webmail: Accessing Exchange calendar and email at home or on the road via Outlook Web App). If you have OS X 10.7 Lion or 10.8 Mountain Lion, please see Configure Exchange for Mail App on Mac OS X Lion (10.7) and Mountain Lion (10.8)).
1) Open the “Mail” app.
2) If you do not already have any mail accounts setup in this program, skip to the next step, otherwise select “Add Account…” from the “File” menu.
3) Enter in your name, your NetID email address, and your NetID password. Click “Continue”
4) You will see an Account Summary page that looks like this:
Make sure the server says “exchange.brockport.edu”
5) Go to “Mail” then “Preferences” and make sure that your incoming and outgoing servers are both listed as “exchange.brockport.edu
6) You have now successfully configured your Mail App for Brockport Exchange. It may take a few minutes before your email will start to flow into the Inbox.
7) Use the programs in the “Applications” folder (they are usually on the dock as well) to work with your Exchange mailbox. “Mail” for email, “iCal” for your calendar and tasks, and “Address Book” to manage your contacts, distribution lists, and the Exchange Global Address List.