The Brockport Public Dropbox service is available for vendors who need to exchange large files with users at the College. The service allows for the sharing of large files which would otherwise be blocked by most mail servers if they were included as attachments.
The service can be accessed at https://orgcity.brockport.edu/public/ and supports sharing files up to 500 MB in size.
An account will need to be created for a vendor before they can access the service. Please contact the IT Help Desk at (585) 395 - 5151 option 1 or email us at email@example.com . Please include your contact information so we can contact you and provide the credentials for the vendor.
Note: The Dropbox service is not meant to be a permanent storage solution, but rather a means to moving data around. Data uploaded to the Dropbox is automatically deleted after 30 days.
To upload data to the Dropbox:
1. Log into the Dropbox with the provided user ID and password
2. Select the file you wish to upload by clicking the Browse button and selecting a file
3. Click the upload icon
4. A new screen will appear asking for more information. Fill in a description for the file uploaded.
5. Click “Complete Upload”
6. Your file will appear on your screen as a download link. There will also be a link to remove the uploaded file from the dropbox. You can get to this information for the next 30 days by logging into https://orgcity.brockport.edu/public/
7. Copy the download link and send it in an email to the file recipient. To view your download click the download link.
8. You can now download your file by clicking “Download file”