You will need to create a new Gmail account before you can proceed to forward your old mail.
If you plan on creating a new Gmail account to replace your Brockport account that is being disconnected, here are some steps that will allow all old emails to be migrated to your new Gmail account.
2) Select Forwarding and POP/IMAP, then select Enable POP for all mail in the 1st section.
3) Click save changes after enabling POP, your status will then say POP is enabled.
Note: Mail Fetcher will *not* move emails saved in folders other than the Inbox. Move any messages stored in different labels to the inbox.
2) Open the Accounts tab.
3) In the Check mail using POP3 section, click Add POP3 email account you own.
4) Enter your email in the format: firstname.lastname@example.org of your old account, then click Next Step.
5) Gmail will populate sample settings. Update the username field to email@example.com
6) Enter your Brockport Gmail Password.
7) Change the POP server to pop.gmail.com and the port to 995
8) Check the Always use a secure connection (SSL) when retrieving mail checkbox.
9) Click Add Account.
10) Once your account has been added successfully, you'll have the option of setting it as a custom From address. Click No to continue.
11) Once you've imported all of your mail and the Mail Fetcher says “No mails fetched” you'll want to delete your Brockport Gmail account out of your new Gmail.
Still Need Help? Chat with support
Documentation reviewed on 07/14/2015 by ssmit20.