The VMware app allows user to access Brockport's virtual lab (Vlab). Download the VMware app for iOS devices from the App Store.
If you are not connected to a brockport server you will need to follow the directions of setting up OpenVPN by clicking on this link: OpenVPN iOS Client Install
Notes: VMware is a free App.
Notes: Supports iPad Keyboard Dock and Apple Wireless Keyboards (BlueTooth)
1) The iPad Keyboard docks are automatically detected by VMware but to use a Wireless / BlueTooth Keyboard you must:
1) Log into the App store from your iOS device.
2) Tap the Search bar and type in VMware
3) Now tap “FREE” to install VMware Horizon.
4) Go to your iPad or iPhone's home screen and tap Horizon to open the app.
5) If the app is newly installed, it will immediately prompt you to set up a server. Enter “vlab.brockport.edu” as shown where it says Server Address, then tap Add Server.
6) Next, enter your NetID and password where it says username and password.
7) Tap “Login”.
8) Tap “SUNY Brockport Virtual Lab”
9) Congratulations: you have successfully logged in.
1) Once you have added a IP address / Host name you will have a Recent Connection Page, and a Servers page.
2) This will save all the information you have gave in the previous steps.
3) Removal of a Recent Connection: You can remove a Recent Connection by just holding your finger down on the one you would like to remove and click on the X button on top of it on either of the two pages mentioned in previous steps.
4) You can also change the Username and WIN by going to the Server page and holding your finger down on the server you want to change. Then click edit.
Note: The server page is also how to create new connections after you create your first one. You can have more than more server on your server page.
Note: When setting up a connection it will automatically save your user name. This way you can delete that username so that it will have to be manually put in every time.
Notes: This is some information on the tool bar as shown below
1) When you are already connect you will get a screen like one below. Click on the middle circle to see all the tool options available.
2) The first tool is settings bar, brings you to a bunch of settings you can change.
3) The second tool is direct mouse, instead of tapping where the mouse goes this tool allows you to hold your finger down and slide mouse around.
4) The third tool is a keyboard.
5) The fourth tool is the control keys.
6) The fifth tool is to Disconnect from the VMWare Connection
7) The last tool is just a help tool.