VLab enables Brockport students, faculty, and staff to access our campus lab computers from home. Once this program is installed, the user can simply log in and utilize any of our PC software programs!
(One important idea to note is that you need to save everything to your filecity or email it to yourself. DO NOT save it to your folder or the desktop because once you log off it will disappear.)
To download VLab, go to http://vlab.brockport.edu and follow these instructions based on which operating system you have
1. Go to https://vlab.brockport.edu/
2. Click on View Client for “Windows”
3. Click the download link for appropriate version you need.
4. Save the file
5. Open the downloads folder and click on the VMware_Installer (May also look something like “VMware-viewclient”)
6. Vlab will automatically download and save an icon on your desktop
7. Click the “VMware View Client” icon
8. Connection Server: vlab.brockport.edu
9. Click Connect
10. Enter your NetID and password and click “login”
11. Select “SUNY Brockport Virtual Lab System”
12. Click “Connect” This will redirect you to Vlab.
Click here for basic instructions on how to use Vlab. If you have any questions or need help installing it, feel free to contact the IT Help Desk at (585)395-5151 option 1.