1. Make sure you are on 3G/4G connectivity or connected to a wifi network by running Safari. If the webpage loads, there is a connection.
2. Launch the OpenVPN app by tapping the OpenVPN icon.
From within the OpenVPN Connect Screen:
Note: Ensure that vpnapp.brockport.edu/brockport is listed in the “Profile” field (this should automatically be populated when installing the OpenVPN application).
3. Enter your Brockport NetID in the “User ID” field.
4. Enter your Brockport NetID password in the “Password” field.
5. Slide the “Connection” button from “OFF” to “ON”.
6. On first connection only this dialogue will show, tap “Yes”.
The OpenVPN client should now display “Connected” with a green check mark icon in the “Status” field.
Whenever your iOS device is connected to a VPN network, a VPN icon appears at the top left of the display on the home screen and in many apps:
There are two methods available to disconnect from the VPN.
1. Tap the “Settings” app from the home screen.
2. Tap the “VPN” switch from “ON” to “OFF”:
3. The VPN indicator (see above) should disappear from the top left corner of the screen.
1. Run the “OpenVPN” app.
2. Tap the “Connection” button from “ON” to “OFF”.
The OpenVPN client should now display “Disconnected” in the “Status” field, and the VPN indicator (see above) should disappear from the top left corner of the screen.