Fetch 5.3 is an FTP client for the Apple Macintosh. Use Fetch to transfer files between a Macintosh computer and your UNIX account.
Note: Fetch 5.3 does not support versions of Mac OS X prior to 10.2.4. If you are running an older version of Mac OS X, you must first upgrade your operating system to use Fetch 5.3.
The New Connection dialog box displays (see figure 1).
2. In the Hostname field, type the name “holly.acs.brockport.edu”.
3. In the Username field, type your Brockport NetID.
4. From the Connect using dropdown menu, select SFTP.
5. In the Password field, type the password for your Brockport email user account.
6. Click Connect to initiate the connection. The Fetch Connection window displays (see figure 2).
Figure 2: The Fetch Connection
To download files from the remote host to the local host (your computer):
To upload files from the local host (your computer) to the remote host:
Tips: * Select multiple files or folders by holding down the command key (Apple key) while clicking. * You can drag and drop files directly in the Fetch user interface to initiate a file transfer.
To close FTP connections, from the File menu, select Close. You can also click the red Close button in the top left-hand corner of the Fetch Connection window to close the connection.
* Note: Remember to close Fetch connections when using Fetch from a public computer, such as those found in ITS computing centers, to prevent others from accessing your account.
For Fetch 5.3-related questions, visit the Fetch Vendor Site, or call the Help Desk at 395-5151 option 1