Welcome, New Students!
Now that you have chosen The College at Brockport, an orientation is in order! Brockport's orientation programs provide new students and their families the opportunity to acclimate to the campus, become acquainted with faculty and staff, and meet other students.
New students have a number of orientation options. The Freshman Orientation is offered over the summer in five sessions broken down by College type. New transfer students have a variety of transfer student orientation experiences ranging from online to in-person. There are also orientation sessions designed specifically for Arthur O. Eve Educational Opportunity Program students as well as International students.
Registration is open for Freshman Summer Orientation!
Pre-registration for students as well as family members/guests is required for our programs. Walk-in registration is not available for Summer Orientation.
Steps to register for Freshman Summer Orientation
Students: Pre-register online using Web Banner.
- Students should log in to Web Banner via the “Quick Links” in the upper right hand corner of the Brockport homepage.
- The user ID is the student’s Banner ID number that begins with 800.
- Students who have not logged into Web Banner before should use their birth dates as the PIN.
- Orientation Registration can be found under the Student Services tab.
Family members/Guests: Pre-registration is required for all family members and guests who are accompanying their student for the program. Register now!
- You may also register any guest(s) that will be accompanying the student by clicking on the link in the confirmation email that is sent once student registration is complete.
Information About Freshman Summer Orientation
At The College at Brockport, you begin to socialize with others sharing similar academic interests immediately: each orientation session is devoted to one of our academic Schools.
Although you are welcome to attend any session that best fits into your schedule, it is RECOMMENDED that you attend the session your School is devoted to. If you are unable to do so, you will not be missing information specific to your academic major. We provide students the same information at each session. Once you register for one of the sessions via Web Banner, please register any guests you plan to bring to Summer Orientation by clicking the link provided in the confirmation email.
- UNDECLARED STUDENTS may attend any session.
- DELTA COLLEGE STUDENTS should attend the session devoted to their academic major.
- HONORS PROGRAM STUDENTS should attend Session Three (July 1-2).
- 3+3 Doctorate in Physical Therapy students should choose a session based on their academic major (Biology, Health Science or Exercise Physiology).
Session One, June 24-25:
- Biology, Chemistry and Biochemistry, Computer Science, Earth Sciences, Environmental Science and Biology, Mathematics, Physics, Psychology
Session Two, June 27-28:
- Health Science; Kinesiology, Sport Studies, Physical Education; Nursing; Recreation and Leisure Studies
Session Three, July 1-2:
Counselor Education, Criminal Justice, Education and Human Development, Educational Administration, Public Administration, Social Work
PLEASE NOTE: This session is intended for students planning to enter the Childhood Inclusive Education Program (grades 1-6). Students pursuing Adolescence Inclusive Education Program with or without the Middle School Extension (grades 5-12), should attend the session which their academic major belongs.
Honors Program Students (regardless of their academic major)
Session Four, July 8-9:
Accounting, Economics, Finance, and Management Information Systems; Business Administration
Session Five, July 11-12:
African & African-American Studies, Anthropology, Art, Communication, Dance, English, History, Modern Languages and Cultures, Philosophy, Political Science, Sociology, Theatre, Visual Studies Workshop, Women and Gender Studies
Additional Orientation Program
The Orientation program continues throughout Welcome Week, which helps residential students settle into their new rooms and prepares everyone for their first college semester.
There are two Transfer Orientation sessions scheduled this summer. The sessions will be held on Tuesday, July 2 and Friday July 12 at 9 am on The College at Brockport campus. New transfer students only need to attend one of the orientation sessions.
Registration is required for orientation. Please RSVP via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. More information about Transfer Orientation is available on the Transfer Year webpage. Or, contact us at (585) 395-5439.
All new International Students are required to attend the orientation session that is presented at the beginning of the semester by the Office of International Education. Visit the International Student Orientation webpage for details about arrival dates and move in.
The 2013 Pre-Freshman Summer Program for EOP Students is July 7 - August 2, 2013. Visit the EOP webpage for more details.
If you have questions, please contact Gabe Marshall at (585)395-5434 email@example.com.