Consider all transportation options before purchasing a parking permit.
- The Eagle Run shuttle gets you around campus and town. Stops include Wal-Mart, Wegman's, the central business district of Brockport, Brockport Crossings, and College Suites. This shuttle also services the airport, Amtrak, and Trailways hubs in the Rochester area during semester breaks.
- This FREE online tool helps match riders and drivers from similar areas traveling to the same destination - either for a regular carpool relationship or for a one-time trip. If a regular ridesharing relationship is formed, commuting students can apply for a Carpool Permit. Carpool permit holders receive premium parking spaces, 5 day passes per semester, a guaranteed ride home in emergencies, plus save money on permit costs!
Hertz on Demand
- For the student living just off campus, two vehicles will be available on campus for students to rent for errands and short trips. Students will need to be a member of the Hertz on Demand program to take advantage of this option. Membership is free.
Taxi on Demand
- This is a pre-paid card that can be used to call and pay for a taxi when it's not convenient or safe to drive or walk. It's accepted by thousands of cab companies nationwide, and by four cab companies in the Brockport/Rochester area.
Important Parking Information for 2012-13:
Permits are available for sale online. Use the My Parking Account link in the menu on the left. Commuter permits are available June 4.
No permits are required in Lots V, V1, and X during the first three days of classes to allow additional time to purchase your permit. This does not apply to metered, handicapped, reserved, service, or visitor areas. Vehicles with a permit must display it properly and park in their designated lots.
All visitors must obtain a daily permit to park on campus. Day passes (in most cases) are $4 and can be obtained at the Conrad Welcome Center (during business hours) or University Police or the multi-space pay station located in lots T or V (after hours) if parking on campus 2 am - 7 pm, Monday - Thursday or 2 am - 5 pm, Friday. Visitors may park in any lot except A, C, L (Admissions), and Y with a pass. Visitors staying overnight are required to park in lots X or V1, Sunday - Friday. When using the pay station, display the receipt on the driver's side dashboard in lieu of a permit.
- Visitors who arrive on campus after 5:30 pm may choose to park and pay at a meter until 7 pm. No permit is required Monday - Thursday 7 pm - 2 am.
- Students visiting from the MetroCenter can either purchase a day pass from the Conrad Welcome Center or parking and pay at a meter.
Last Updated 5/29/12