Department of Kinesiology, Sport Studies, and Physical Education (KSSPE)
Synthesis Project Titles - 2005-2006
- "A Review of Research Literature Related to the Development of the Abdominal Muscles Through the Use of Device and Non-device Abdominal Exercises. " Hite, Penny. (Ocansey) Abstract Available
- "Anterior Cruciate Ligament Injury Prevention Programs' Impact on Knee Injury Rates in the Athletic Female: A Synthesis of the Research Literature. " Rhoads, Jarett. (Ocansey ) Abstract Available
- "Peer Tutors' Impact on Gender in School Aged Children. " Kuhmann, Timothy. (Ocansey) Abstract Available
- "Examination of students' preferences to participate in same sex physical education class versus a coeducational physical education class setting. " Jehlen, Joseph. (Ocansey) Abstract Available
- "Difference in Performance between Maximal Lactate Steady State Aerobic Training and Traditional Long Slow Distance Training Regime: A Review of the Literature. " Odle, Christopher. (Ocansey) Abstract Available
- "Fitness levels and academic performance: A review of the research literature. " Waver III, Chester. (Ocansey) Abstract Available
- "The relationship between excessive exercise, disordered eating and gender. Batt, April. (Cannioto)
- "Is there an association between physical activity and cognitive skills? A synthesis of the research literature. Dawes, Jeremy C. (Cannioto)
- "An analysis of positive and negative effects of parental involvement in youth sport: Do gender differences in athletes’ perceptions exist? Distaffen, Ed. (Cannioto)
- "The effects of media-based intervention programs on physical activity levels. Helmicki, James. (Cannioto)
- "Anterior Cruciate Ligament reconstruction: A comparison of the effectiveness of the autograft versus the allograft. Nicholson, Emile. (Cannioto)
- "The relationship between back pain and backpack carrying among school-aged children. Seither, David. (Cannioto)
- "An analysis of the motives for high school and collegiate athletic participation: Do gender differences exist? Vergamini, Matthew R. (Cannioto)
- "Conditions under which Self-Talk Enhances Athletic Performance." Rider, Michele. (Hager)
- "Does Intermittent Hypoxic Training Improve Endurance Performance?
A Synthesis of the Research Literature." Miner, Dawn.
- "What effect does vigorous exercise during pregnancy have on birth weight? A synthesis of the research literature" Hertlein, Julie. (Melnick)
- "Effects of Maternal Alcohol Intake on Motor Development and
Motor Performance in Children Birth to Five Years." Myers, Michele.
- "Head Injuries in Women's Lacrosse: A Review of Literature." Hassett, Elizabeth. (Hager)
- "The Effect of Static Stretching on Maximal Strength Performance." Monks, Rene. (Hager)
- "The Effectiveness of Training Methods that Decrease the Risk
of Sport-Related Injuries in Interscholastic Athletics." Osburn,
- "The Psychological Benefits of Traditional Martial Arts Training." Clarcq, Jason. (Hager)
- "The differences between expert teachers and experienced teachers:
a review of the research literature". Meghan A. Donnelly (Ocansey) Abstract
- "Motivational Factors Relevant to
Secondary Physical Education Students: A Synthesis of the Research
Literature" - Amy Koudelka (Ocansey) Abstract
and Burnout Affects on Classroom Teachers & Physical Education
Teachers: A Synthesis of the Research Literature" Brendan Stiner
- "An evaluation of Hellison's Personal
and Social Responsibility Model: What do we know"? By Marc Kuzak
- "A comparison of athletes' and coaches'
perceptions of coaching effectiveness and preferred coaching style:
A current review". By Jeff Murphy (Cannioto)
- "An analysis of the effectiveness
of school-based obesity prevention programs in the United States".
By Michael K. Ernst (Cannioto)
- "The relationship between gender,
self-efficacy and physical activity in school- aged children: A current
review" By Peter Czerkas (Cannioto)
- "An analysis of the effects of therapeutic
outdoor interventions on the self-esteem and self-concept of adolescents".
By Colleen Alderman (Cannioto)
- "An analysis of the risk factors
associated with the development of eating disorders among female athletes:
Is the coach a significant risk factor? By Stacy M. Chiaramonte (Cannioto)
- "An analysis of injury rates and
severity between artificial turf, Fieldturf and natural grass in athletics".
By Zachary Young (Cannioto)
- "A Review of Physical Activity Levels
in Relation to Age: Children ages 3-15 years". By Steve Zimmer
No events found for the next month.