Committee 2: How Will We Help Our Students
Prepare For Success?
- Richard Kincaid, Senate Chair of Student Policies Committee
- Michael Maggiotto, Dean, School of Letters and Sciences ('till 6/03)
- Sharon Vasquez, Dean, School of Arts and Performance
- Carroll Bouman, Nursing
- Adrienne Collier, Affirmative Action
- Joseph Franek, Student Affairs
- Greg Garvey, English
- Jacquie Haircrow, EOP
- Willard Hunter, College Foundation
- Sandra Meade, Academic Advisement
- Elisabeth Meyer, Student Learning Center
- Julian Ortiz, Graduate Admissions
- Victor Rojas, Foreign Languages & Literatures
- Sara Sotherden, Residential Life
Revised Committee Questions:
- How do we best prepare students for a career or several related careers?
- How do we best provide students with an adequate knowledge base
for their careers?
- How do we best provide students with experiences to apply that
knowledge to "real" situations?
- How do we best equip students with necessary skills in communications,
deportment and etiquette that are socially required for success?
- How do we most effectively connect career opportunities with students'
knowledge, interest and skills?
- How do we best prepare students to lead a life of active citizenship
as full participants in their communities?
- How do we best provide students with the knowledge base to understand
the opportunities and challenges of citizen involvement?
- How do we best equip students with the persuasive and organizational
skills necessary to be effective participants in their communities?
- How best do we provide students with experiences to apply their
knowledge and skills in "real" situations?
- How do we best equip students to identify problems and solve them
creatively in their economic, social, political and personal lives?
- How do we most effectively encourage creative thinking?
- How do we expand the notion of a "business plan" to
embrace a "life plan?"
- What experiences can we provide to allow students the opportunity
to apply their skills in "real" situations?
Questions or Comments?
Questions or comments can be directed to committee co-chairs or to Colleen Donaldson,
Strategic Planning Coordinator:
Colleen Donaldson, Strategic Planning Coordinator
Office of Academic Affairs
350 New Campus Dr.
Brockport, NY 14420