Committee 5: How Can We Strengthen College
- Anne Parsons, Senate Parliamentarian and Past-President
- Greig Mitchell, Vice President, Administration and Finance
- Larry Bassi, Criminal Justice
- Rob Blair, Campus Life
- Melissa Brown, Psychology
- Thomas Golaszewski, Budget & Resource Committee
- Joe Johnston, Residential Life
- James Keeler, Chairperson, College Council
- Ken O'Brien, Faculty Senate
- John Perry, Facilities & Planning Committee
- Frank Short, Physical Education and Sport
- Stephen Ullman, Political Science
Revised Committee Questions:
- Inclusion of faculty, staff and students in college governance
- What is the breadth and depth of inclusion in college governance
activities housed in departments, schools and the College?
- How have governance activities increased the workload of faculty
and professional staff?
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of the current system of
- How do the governance processes function, including the operating
bodies that perform them?
- How effective have the supercommittees been in their efforts to
further the College’s strategic priorities?
- What are their charges and who do/should they report to?
- What are their memberships? What should they be? How are members
appointed? How should they be appointed?
- What is their relationship to other structures? What should it
- How do/should they fit into the collegial governance structure
- Budget and Resource Committee – Linkages to other committees
- What is (are) the charge(s)? (Charge changes each year.)
- What goes through the committee and what doesn’t? What should
go through the committee?
- What is the membership and how are members appointed? What/how
should it be?
- What is the committee’s relationship to other governance
entities? What should it be?
- What would make the committee function better to establish campus-wide
Questions or Comments?
Questions or comments can be directed to committee co-chairs or to Colleen Donaldson,
Strategic Planning Coordinator:
Colleen Donaldson, Strategic Planning Coordinator
Office of Academic Affairs
350 New Campus Dr.
Brockport, NY 14420