- March 27, 2003
- 1:30 - 2:30 pm, 220 Union. General introductory meeting for all
committee chairs and committee members. The purpose of the meeting
was to bring the collective members together to give a general charge,
share our timeline and address any questions. Presenters were Paul
Yu, President; Ken O’Brien, Faculty Senate President; Jenny Lloyd,
Faculty Senate Past President.
- April 11, 2003
- 9:00 - 12:00 am, 220 Union. Steering Committee Meeting. Following
the example of the Middle States process each of the SP committee
chairs will present the refined list of questions their committee
plans to address. The Steering Committee will review the questions,
make refinements and ultimately approve them. The questions, with
a listing of the committees membership will then be presented to
the campus community through a variety of mediums including ANGEL,
Statements, College’s web page, etc. Members of the campus community
will be invited to share concerns, comments with any of the committee
- April 12 - September 30, 2003
- Six committees meet and refine their recommendations to 2-3 per
- Additional Steering Committees meetings arranged as needed.
- Publicity to the campus community will be shared as appropriate.
- Committee co-chairs are requested to send copies of minutes of
each of their meetings to the Coordinator. She will then post them
on ANGEL to keep all members of the SP process informed of progress
and encourage collaboration with other committees.
- Requests for institutional data from Institutional Research should
first be searched for on the College web site. If data is not there
please contact the Coordinator who will coordinate data requests
through Lillian Zhu.
- Format for final committee reports will be sent to all committee
chairs by Colleen.
- October 1, 2003
- Committee reports due to Coordinator with 2-3 recommendations
- November 3, 2003
- Draft Strategic Plan prepared by Coordinator and submitted to
the President, Steering Committee, Faculty Senate and campus for
- November 3 - 28, 2003
- Draft Strategic Plan discussed by Faculty Senate Executive Committee,
full Faculty Senate membership, and at an open campus meeting sponsored
by the Faculty Senate.
- Draft Strategic Plan discussed by the Steering Committee.
- Draft Plan publicized through ANGEL, on College web site, and
- December 15, 2003
- Revised Strategic Plan incorporating suggestions of campus community,
Faculty Senate, and Steering Committee presented to the SP Steering
Committee, Faculty Senate President and President Yu by the SP Coordinator.
- SP Strategic Planning Committee will meet to consider next steps
for implementation in Spring 2004.
- January 2004
- Begin implementation of Strategic Planning II recommendations.
Questions or Comments?
Questions or comments can be directed to committee co-chairs or to Colleen Donaldson,
Strategic Planning Coordinator:
Colleen Donaldson, Strategic Planning Coordinator
Office of Academic Affairs
350 New Campus Dr.
Brockport, NY 14420