Join the Prevention and Outreach Services Team!
We are now accepting applications for the Student Health Advocate and
Please see job descriptions below.
To apply for a Student Health Advocate position, please click below:
To apply for a Select Respect Peer Educator position, please click below:
Select Respect Peer Educator positions!
Student Health Advocate Job Description
Student Health Advocates are dynamic undergraduate students who contribute to the Prevention and Outreach Services mission of Making Health Contagious on The College at Brockport campus.
Specifically, Student Health Advocates:
- Develop, facilitate, and assist in the assessment of campus-wide health programming on topics related to fitness and nutrition, stress management, high-risk drinking prevention, mental health promotion, and bystander intervention (EagleCHECK).
- Facilitate and assist in the assessment of residence hall and student organization programming.
- Serve as an EagleCHECK facilitator during Welcome week 2016.
- Collaborate with other departments on campus to enhance existing programs and infuse health programming and outreach into events that are already taking place.
- Complete special projects, including Stylus articles, program development, student leader trainings, and marketing campaigns.
- Serve as a resource person regarding college health topics and services to students, faculty, and staff.
- Participate in staff meetings, pre-semester trainings, and professional development opportunities.
Select Respect Peer Educator Job Description
Select Respect Peer Educators are dynamic undergraduate students who contribute to the Prevention and Outreach Services’ mission of Making Health Contagious on The College at Brockport campus through their work in the Center for Select Respect. In collaboration with Prevention and Outreach Services professionals, graduate student staff, and campus and community partners, Select Respect Peer Educators are responsible for:
- Develop and implement peer-led programs related to building a campus culture of respect on topics including healthy relationships, sexual violence prevention, relationship violence prevention, rape culture, campus safety, stalking prevention and bystander intervention (EagleCHECK).
- Serve as an EagleCHECK facilitator during Welcome Week 2016.
- Collaborating with campus and community partners on programs and events that contribute to the development and maintenance of a safe, healthy and respectful campus community that utilizes prosocial bystander behaviors.
- Recruiting and engaging peers in prevention programs and healthy activities on topics related to relationship violence prevention.
- Serving as a resource person regarding college health topics and services to students, faculty and staff.
- Promoting dialogue that dispels common myths related to violence and decreases the prevalence of gender role stereotypes.
- Actively participating in staff meetings, personal and group development initiatives throughout the year.
Last Updated 3/29/16