Skip Navigation

Brockport / Pub. Admin. / Graduate / Elective and Transfer Credit Policy

Elective and Transfer Credit Policy

  • MPA students may take electives outside the Department of Public Administration at The College at Brockport only with the approval of your advisor. (Courses with 600-level numbers are graduate courses at Brockport. "Swing" courses are NOT allowed.)

  • Up to 12 credits of relevant accredited graduate credit taken within the past five years may be transferred from other Brockport master's-level programs or from other accredited graduate-level educational institutions with departmental approval .  This includes credit which has been counted toward another master's degree or for certification purposes. Transfer credit may be substituted for both core and elective requirements; however, only courses for which you received a grade of "B" or higher qualify (i.e., courses graded on a "pass/fail" basis are ineligible).

  • All requests for transfer credit must be submitted in writing (e-mail) to your advisor for approval, and you must submit official college transcripts and course descriptions for each course.

Last Updated 3/20/12


Meet our students in our student spotlight!

Meet out alumni in our alumni profiles!


MPA Celebration and Networking Event
Thursday, May 12 at 5:30 pm