Residential Life / Learning Communities
Assessment & Continuous Improvement
Residential Life/Learning Communities at The College at Brockport is committed to improving program effectiveness and the quality of the student experience through assessment data. The use of assessment data will contribute to the culture of evidence within the department and campus community. We gather qualitative and quantitative data through various methods and tools (Assessment Structure- insert link). Residential Life/Learning Communities upholds and supports divisional and institutional goals and priorities related to assessment which can be found here
To view 2013-2014 data that was collected and actions to promote continuous improvement, please see our ORL/LLC 2014/2015 End of the Year Report.
ORL/LC Department Learning Outcomes
Click here to find out more about the Residential Experience.
Academic Quality & Engagement
- 49 Faculty Members and 46 Staff Members were involved in the LLCs (increase from 47 Faculty Members and 43 Staff members)
- Staff Recognition:
Daniela Bulos, Resident Assistant
- Marion Schrank Student Leadership Award
- SUNY Chancellors Award
- NASPA Region II Rising Star Award
- Start a Revolution Conference Grant – sponsored by AAUW and Pantene
Megan Tefft, Resident Assistant
- Resident Assistant of the Year Award
Tracy Gavin, Townhomes Coordinator
- NASPA Region II New Professional Award
- SUNYRLHA Mike Holland Outstanding New Professional Award
Sara Kelly, Director
- Women’s Outstanding Achievement Award, NEACUHO
- Edwin D. Duryea, Jr. Higher Education Achievement Award, University at Buffalo
Co-curricular Programming & Support Services
- 53% (535) of the first year students living on campus, chose to participate in the LLC program
- 2 new first year LLCs implemented for 2014-2015: Law & Civility and Perspectives on Humanity. Successfully partnered with Delta College and ROTC to implement 2 new/amended LLCs for 2015-2016
- Diversifying Resident Assistant Staff: Increased percentage of students identifying with an ethnic minority for the RA position to 31%
A Culture of Philanthropy & Alumni Connectedness
- 2 members of the office are on the Alumni Board (Carl O’Connor and Monique Rew-Bigelow)
- 2 members of the office sit on the Graduates of the Last Decade Board (Carl O’Connor and Sara Kelly, PhD)
- 36 Alumni participated in LLC programming during the 2014-2015 AY (increase from 23). “Careers In…” LLC/Alumni Programming series was successful with 6 events.
Learning Environment & Quality of Place
- Facilities improvements: All lounges Mortimer were renovated, Bramley floor tile replacements, carpet, and paint, McLean boiler and emergency generator replacements
- Package room relocation to the Seymour College Union from Dobson Hall.
- Housing and equity study: There was a 21% decline in the number of EOP students living in Harmon, Gordon, and Mortimer and a 9.8% increase in the number of EOP students living in Briggs, Bramley and Perry.
- Technology improvement projects included paperless check-in/check-out and inventories and electronic lockbox installations in all on-campus housing facilities. Appeals related to damages declined.
For more information, please contact Sara Kelly,PhD, Director, Residential Life/Learning Communities
Office of Residential Life/Learning Communities
Thompson Hall - West Wing
350 New Campus Drive
Brockport, New York 14420-2980
Phone: (585) 395-2122, (585) 395-2108
Fax: (585) 395-2732
We are #9 on the printable campus map
August 18, 2015
Comments or concerns regarding Res Life webpages can be sent to ORL Webmaster