1. Must be a full-time matriculated undergraduate with 12-18 credits per semester at the time of appointment.
2. Must have an overall GPA of 2.5 for your Brockport Institutional credits at the time of appointment.
3. Must have a minimum of one semester as an enrolled student at The College at Brockport at the time of appointment.
4. Must be in good disciplinary (student conduct) standing at The College at Brockport at time of appointment.
5. Must be 18 years of age or older at the time of appointment.
6. Recommended to have one semester of on-campus living.
1. Must be able to hold the position for at least two consecutive semesters.
2. Must complete within first year (highly preferred to complete first semester) as a Resident Assistant with a grade of C or better: EDC 302 Achieving Helping Relationships in the College Residence Halls.
3. Cannot student teach, participate in an internship, or perform a field experience that requires more than 15 hours weekly, while holding a student staff position.
4. May not hold a position of outside employment without prior written approval from your Resident Director.
REMUNERATION: (Subject To Change)
1. Full room waiver
2. Partial board waiver
* For those applicants receiving financial aid, please check with the Financial Aid Office to see how this position may affect your financial aid.
1. Every candidate must attend one Information Session. Information sessions are scheduled as follows:
|Thursday, November 29th at 5:00pm||MacVicar Hall 1st Floor Lounge|
|Wednesday, December 5th at 6:00pm||McFarlane Hall 1st Floor Lounge|
|Monday, December 10th at 9:30pm||Thompson Hall Game Room|
|Wednesday, December 12th at 9:30pm||McLean Hall 1st Floor Lounge|
|Monday, January 28th at 9:30pm||Perry Hall 1st Floor Lounge|
|Thursday, January 31st at 5:00pm||Union Room 185|
|Wednesday, February 6th at 9:30pm||Benedict/Dobson Lounge|
|Sunday, February 10th at 6:00pm||Harmon/Gordon Lounge|
|Monday, February 11th at 9:30pm||Thompson Smart Classroom|
|Wednesday, February 13th at 4:00pm||MacVicar Hall 1st Floor Lounge|
|Friday, February 15th at 4:00pm||Benedict/Dobson Lounge|
2. After attending an information session you must fill out an Application. All Applications are due Monday, February 18th at 5pm.
3. Every candidate must submit one Form of Recommendation. All Forms of Recommendation are due Monday, February 18th at 5pm.
4. Every candidate must participate in a Group Interview Process. Group Process is scheduled for Monday, February 25th at 7:15pm in The Seymour College Union.
5. Each candidate will have an Interview with a current Resident Director. Interviews will take place Tuesday, February 26th - Friday, March 8th.
6. Each candidate will also have a one on one Interview with a current Resident Assistant. Interviews will take place Tuesday, February 26th - Friday, March 8th.
7. Candidates will be notified of status/placement on Thursday, April 4th.
RA Recommendation Form (Word)
Last Updated February 18, 2013
Comments or concerns regarding Res Life webpages can be sent to ORL Webmaster