Frequently Asked SOS Questions:
What is SOS?
- On Saturday, August 29, 2015, new first-year and transfer students will go out in to the local community to complete approximately 2 hours of community service before their first day of class at The College at Brockport.
When can I sign up?
- SOS sign-up occurs during Summer Orientation.
What do I need to sign-up?
- You will need your Brockport email address (netID) and Student ID (Banner) number in order to sign up. Click here if you do not know that information.
When will I know more information for the event?
- You will receive more information regarding your SOS project along with your transportation information prior to Welcome Week. Stay tuned to your Brockport email!
What if I have a conflict during SOS? What if I am a Fall athlete?
- Saturday of Service is a mandatory event for all freshmen. If you have a conflict, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are a Fall athlete, talk to your coach to see if you have a scrimage.
What if I need special accommodations?
- If you need any special accommodations please feel free to email us or call The Office of Community Development at 585-395-5245. We work closely with the Office for Students with Disabilities to accommodate any special needs.
I am not a freshmen or transfer, but I want to be a part of SOS. Can I get involved?
- We'd love you to join us! We are in need of SOS Team Leaders and Parking Lot Volunteers. Sign up here!
Listed below are the Saturday of Service 2015 projects. Each project title is a link to myBROCKPORT where you can register for a project.
Register for a project in four (4) easy steps
1) Select a project from the list below
2) Click the title of the project (titles are links to myBROCKPORT)
3) Once redirected to myBROCKPORT, click the log in button in the upper right hand corner of the screen, and log into myBROCKPORT with your net id.
ATTENTION - If you are not logged into myBROCKPORT you will not be able to register for a project.
4) On the lower right side of the myBROCKPORT event page, RSVP for the project to register.
Saturday of Service Registration will be available here starting Monday, July 6, 2015
Last Updated 5/18/15