FIELD APPLICATION AND GUIDE
2013-2014 ACADEMIC YEAR
Social Work majors must complete SWO 451 and 453, Field Instruction I and II, and the accompanying seminar SWO 455 & 456 OR SWO 454, Block Field Instruction with SWO 456, during their senior year in our program. The field practicum is usually approached by students with excitement and anticipation. Students are ready to enter the world of social work service delivery, to apply and integrate knowledge, skills and values. All 200 and 300 level courses must have been successfully completed prior to the start of field. Field seminar is an accompanying course to the field practicum. This application is completed as part of the Field Application Process. The due date for field applications for the 2013-2014 academic year is January 31, 2013. Field Applications should be submitted to Professor Debra Fromm Faria in the social work department campus office location. Professor Faria will post sign up times for field planning meetings by mid February 2013.
- Preparation of self for an agency-based professional social work educational experience that will reflect an integration of academic learning & life experience.
- Completion of all field work paper work in a timely fashion
- Complete all requirements for agency placement
- Act in a responsible manner that reflects the image of the agency in the wider community
- Adhere to the Social Work Code of Ethics
- Assume an active role in planning the learning activities
- Notify the field instructor and the faculty liaison in a timely manner of any issues in field practicum
- Complete the Student Training Agreemeny
Last Updated 12/11/12