Skip Navigation

Brockport / Transfer Year / Grades

Your Grades: How do I manage?

The College at Brockport uses the grading system found in many colleges and universities, awarding a letter grade of "A" through "E" to indicate the level of accomplishment in each course for which you are registered. Each of these letters carries quality points, which are the basis for computing your semester index and cumulative index, often referred to as your grade point average (GPA). The letter grades and their associated quality points are as follows in the chart below.

In order to earn an undergraduate degree from Brockport you must complete your degree requirements with an overall grade point average (GPA) of 2.0. If you are a full-time student (12 credits or more) you must have attainded a GPA of 1.00 by the end of the first semester or you will be academically dismissed. After the first semester you must attain an overall GPA of 2.0 to avoid probation and dismissal. For more information about grades, refer to the Student Handbook.

Grade Quality Points Level of Accomplishment
A 4.00 Highest Level of Work
A- 3.67  
B+ 3.33  
B 3.00 Better Than Average Work
B- 2.67  
C+ 2.33  
C 2.00 Average Work
C- 1.67  
D+ 1.33  
D 1.00 Minimum Level of Passing Work
D- .67  
E .00 Failing Work


Where can I find a record of my grades?

Visit the Campus Information System. Navigate your way to your academic transcript. There you will see your up-to-date cummulative GPA.

If you are looking for a list of credits that transferred in from your previous institution(s) you want to look at your DARS report. Again you want to visit the Campus Information System.

Example DARS report below shows list of General Education Requirements:

Midterm grades are available online shortly after midterm. Final grades are available two to three weeks after the end of the semester. Check the Academic Calendar each semester for a schedule of when grades are due from instructors. Registration and Records also provides an academic calendar and information about your courses, grades, etc.

Note that your DARS report is not an official transcript. To obtain an official transcript, visit the Registration and Records Office in Rakov Hall (second floor).

How do I calculate my GPA?

What grade do you need in College Composition in order to keep that 3.0? Figure it out with our easy-to-use GPA calculator.


Transfers Contact Us!

Phone: 585-395-5397


AOL Screen Name: bporttransfer

Last Updated 11/10/10