The College at Brockport University Police
Safety and Crime Prevention Tips
Although we enjoy a safe campus, no area is totally immune from crime; precautions should always be taken to protect yourself and your property.
- Do not walk alone, especially after dark. If you can’t walk with a friend, call (585) 395-SAFE (7233), for an escort.
- Know the locations of campus “Blue-Light” telephones. Each phone is a direct line to the University Police and invaluable in the event of an emergency, when seconds count.
- Alcohol and other drugs adversely affect judgment and behavior and their use is frequently related to incidents of sexual assault.
- Always close and LOCK your Residence Hall room, when you are sleeping or leaving it, even if only for a few minutes.
- LOCK your vehicle every time you park it and secure all valuables out of sight.
- Protect your identity – safeguard your credit card numbers, PIN's, social security number, address, date of birth, etc. Give this information only to persons whom you know to be authorized.
- Participate in “Operation ID”, “Community Policing” and other campus crime prevention programs.
- Be aware of your surroundings and of anything that appears unusual. Report suspicious conditions immediately to University Police,
(585) 395 2226.