Main Page Content
12:30 p.m., Seymour Union, room 220
Present: Leah Barrett, Lin Becker, Michael Fox, Janie Hinds, Sara Kelly, Jeff Lashbrook, Jose Maliekal, Dave Mihalyov, Jason Morris, Karen Riotto, Kari Smoker
- Reviewed the first draft of the Strategic Plan Progress Report. Goal is to complete before Thanksgiving Break.
- Welcomed the Middles States Review Team of LTC Chris Mayer, Associate Dean for Strategy, Policy, and Assessment, United States Military Academy, West Point, NY and Ms. Debbie Stasolla, Associate Vice President for Planning, Rider University, Lawrenceville, NJ. They spent about 50 minutes with us talking about the work of the IEAC.
- The reviewers asked us what we have learned from preparing the Strategic Plan Progress
Reports and we had a lively discussion worth noting. We provided several suggestions
that we believe should be forwarded to the President and the Cabinet as discussions
begun related to the next Strategic Plan
- Each goal must be measurable and have an established metric to effectively measure our progress.
- Include baselines for each goal.
- Consider avoiding using external surveys or measurements as the metrics. (ie NSSE questions, US News and World Report rankings).
- Designate a time frame for achievement or completion of goal.
- Designate an individual who will provide leadership to goal attainment.
- In general – establish SMART goals – Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, Timely.