This award is an opportunity for SUNY Brockport students to nominate individuals for a teaching excellence award. It is designed to recognize and celebrate excellent teaching.
Up to five awards will be made each year across the College. The President will present successful individuals with a plaque in recognition of their excellent academic practice along with a $500 award towards professional development.
Nominations are open to students until March 25, 2022:
Nominations will be open through the end of March. Any current student may submit a nomination. Students may nominate more than one person, but each nomination should be submitted separately.
Evaluation and Award Process
Department Chairs will receive the student submissions for their department and select two individuals to forward on to their respective Dean. Forwarding on the submission acts as an endorsement that the individual is a worthy recipient if selected by the awards committee. If a Department Chair is nominated, their nomination will be automatically forwarded to the Dean, to avoid any conflict of interest. The Dean of each School will review the endorsements and forward a list of up to five nominations to the President’s Office. School nominations will be considered by a selection committee which will include the President, the Provost, the BSG President, the CELT Director, and the Director of the Academic Success Center.
There is no specific rubric for the awards process. Individuals should review the nomination against the nomination guidelines and make a professional judgment regarding the most persuasive argument put forward by the student(s). While the number of nominations an individual receives may be taken into account, it is not necessary for the individual to have more than one nomination. This is not a popularity contest: it is about the impact that excellent teaching has on our campus and our students.
|February 21, 2022||Nominations Open|
|March 25, 2022||
Deadline for Student Nominations
|April 8, 2022||Deadline for Chairs' Nominations to be forwarded to Deans (Maximum of 2)|
|April 20, 2022||Deadline for Deans' Nominations to be forwarded to the Committee (Maximum of 5)|
|April 25 - May 2, 2022||Selection Committee Meets|
|May 12 - 13, 2022||Announcement of Winner(s) at Commencement|
- Dr. Mustafa Canbolat, Department of Business Administration
- Dr. Joe Chesebro, Department of Communication
- Dr. Melissa DiMarco, Department of Mathematics
- Dr. Michel Pelletier, Department of Biology
- Dr. Kevin Tate, Department of Counselor Education
- Dr. Marium Abugasea Heidt, Education and Human Development
- Dr. John Daly, History
- Dr. Uletha Jones, Nursing
- Dr. Sandeep Mitra, Computing Sciences
- Dr. Althea Tait, English
- Dr. Thomas Cone, Accounting, Economics & Finance
- Dr. Mario Fontana, KSSPE
- Dr. Stephen Gonzalez, KSSPE
- Dr. Mehruz Kamal, Computing Science
- Dr. Adam Rich, Biology
- Ms. Jennifer Chesebro, Nursing
- Dr. John Keiser, Business Administration
- Dr. Steven Jurek, Political Science and International Studies
- Dr. Ashley Fico, Public Health and Health Education
- Dr. Rebecca Smith, Mathematics
- Dr. Barb LeSavoy, Women and Gender Studies
- Mr. Dan Rogers, Computing Sciences
- Dr. Josh Fegley, Public Health and Health Education
- Dr. Kari Smoker, Accounting
- Dr. Skye Paine, Modern Languages and Cultures