Thank you for agreeing to serve on the Strategic Planning Committee. Your participation is not only critical to the strength of the College, but it is also very much appreciated. The planning process is our way of prioritizing the activities and resources that support our mission and help us achieve our vision. The Strategic Planning Committee is charged to support and monitor the planning process.
Main Page Content
The Strategic Planning Committee is a committee established to develop and monitor the strategic planning process for this institution. The composition of the membership includes:
- The President, who shall act as Chair
- The Provost, who shall act as Vice Chair
- 1 VP selected by the Cabinet
- 1 Dean, selected by the deans
- The Assistant Provost for Diversity
- The Director of Assessment
- 2 faculty/staff members selected by College Senate
- 2 faculty/staff members selected by the President
- 1 Student Representative
- 1 support staff representative
- 1 alumni representative
The strategic planning process will include the following:
- An environmental scan using a PEST analysis (awareness of Political, Economic, Social and Technological impacts)
- Review of the previous plan, the College 2025 documentation and the Vision Café results, along with the most recent Campus Climate Survey
- Review of the Mission Statement
- Review of the Brockport Promise
- Development and oversight of all appropriate planning documents (Vision Statement, Values, Strategic Plan, and ultimately the Implementation Plan)
- Determining the process of Strategic Plan review, with a consideration of which body is best placed to take on that role (an extant committee, a reformulated committee, or a new committee)
- Review and incorporation of the strategies that currently or will govern the institution,
including but not limited to the following:
- Academic Master Plan
- Facilities Master Plan
- Diversity Plan
- Strategic Retention Plan
- Engaged Learning Plan
- SUNY Performance Improvement Plan (PIP)
- Power of SUNY or other SUNY planning documents
- A 5-year cycle for implementation of the Plan
- At a minimum, a regularized annual cycle of implementation and assessment
- Guidance offered for department-level components
Roles and Responsibilities
Committee members will be responsible for the following:
- Understanding the components of an institutional strategic plan and developing those that are necessary (i.e., Vision, Mission, Values Statement, etc.).
- Developing and supporting the objectives and goals of the institutional strategic plan.
- Engaging identified stakeholder groups in the development of the objectives and goals for the institutional strategic plan, and providing feedback to those groups on a continuing basis, through a variety of fora.
- Actively work with key university-‐wide committees such as BRC, Diversity Committee, CFPC, Enrollment Management Committee, the IEAC and more widely with College Senate
- Overseeing review of annual plans for progress.
- Identifying or developing key indicators and assessment measures to document implementation of the Strategic Plan objectives and goals and reviewing those indicators and measures on an annual basis (or charging another committee to do so).
- Actively participating in committee activities and discussions.
In addition to the roles and responsibilities outlined above, Committee members will also:
- Promote and advocate for implementation of the institution’s Strategic Plan to all internal and external stakeholders.
- Actively engage in disseminating information about the planning process, the Strategic Plan, and its implementation.
- Be aware of strategic issues in the internal or external environment related to the institutional planning process and ensure that the Committee is informed.
The committee will commence its work on the following schedule, which will be revised as appropriate or as necessary:
|March-April||Town Hall meetings and other engagement opportunities|
|May||Review of progress with Senate and Senate executive|
|End of May||Production of the Green Paper version|
|June-September||Opportunities for comment and review|
|September-October||Incorporation and amendment based on feedback and production of the White Paper|
|November-December||Review and approval by PAC, Senate, and other governance groups|
|December||Approval by College Cabinet, College Council|
|January 2016||Roll out and implementation of the 2016-2020 plan|
|Thereafter, review and implementation through the life of the plan|