Main Page Content
If you or someone you know has been a victim of a sexual assault or any form of sexual violence, The College at Brockport has resources on campus to assist you. You are not alone. The caring and highly trained professionals at The College at Brockport are ready to assist you.
- Safety and medical attention are the critical first steps. If you feel you are not in a safe place and need to seek help to create distance between yourself and the person who sexually assaulted you or if you are in an unsafe or uncomfortable situation, it is recommended to call University Police at (585) 395-2222 or x2222 if you are on campus. If you are off campus, please call 911.
- Medical attention is recommended regardless of whether you choose to report the sexual
assault to the police or to the College’s administration. For medical attention:
An evidence collection exam or rape kit, the SAFE (Sexual Assault Forensic Exam Center) at Strong Memorial Hospital in Rochester is highly recommended and is only 20 minutes from campus. This center is also a private and safe place for victims to go to receive the most comprehensive medical care, information and clarification, support and advocacy after a sexual assault.
Strong West Hospital is located only a few minutes off campus on West Avenue in Brockport.
- The Hazen Center for Integrated Care will assist with your care after a sexual assault.
Hazen Health Center can provide and recommend the necessary testing and treatment
for sexually transmitted infections and emergency contraception.
- ** Please note that Hazen cannot perform a rape kit or collect the evidence that is important if you decide to report the sexual assault to the police and pursue criminal charges.
- Hazen Center for Integrated Care offers health, counseling, and prevention and outreach services to The College at
Brockport community. Visits to Hazen are covered by the Student Health Fee and are
free of charge. The information you share in Hazen is strictly confidential, and will
not be released to anyone without your written permission unless there are concerns
for your safety, or the safety of others.
Walk-In Hours Are:
8 am to 11 am Monday through Friday
You may also call (585) 395-2414 between 8 am and 5 pm to schedule an appointment.
- RESTORE (Rape Crisis Services) has trained advocates who are available by phone and in person 24/7 to assist victims
of sexual assault and sexual abuse. These services are confidential and free. The
College at Brockport students who may benefit from these services are encouraged to
utilize both the Counseling Center and RESTORE. A local RESTORE Counselor is available
by appointment in The Women’s Center, which is located on the lower level of Seymour
College Union in B124. You may call (585) 210-8532 to make an appointment.
- If you wish to speak with a RESTORE counselor outside normal business hours, you may call the 24-hour confidential hotline at (585) 546-2777
How can the campus better address complaints of sexual assault and other forms of sexual violence? Please share your suggestions via email with Denine Carr, JD., Title IX and College Compliance Officer, or (585) 395-5066. You may also contact Karen Logsdon, Title IX Deputy Coordinator for Students, at (585) 395-5042.