Main Page Content
The chair is responsible for the fiscal management of his/her department. This responsibility includes --
- developing an annual budget consistent with prudent spending practices to submit to the dean for approval; securing departmental approval for the proposed budget.
- allocating the department's budget, following consultation with the department .
- authorizing valid expenditures from this budget.
- preparing of an annual report for the dean listing expenditures and describing their relationship to the department's mission, goals and objectives.
- maintaining current records on department expenditures.
- disseminating full information on budget and expenditures to members of the department.
- managing start-up funds allocated to new faculty (these funds may be managed by the Dean’s office).