Main Page Content
As an incoming freshman, your first semester schedule is developed for you by a team of dedicated, well-trained, and experienced faculty advisors. They will work very closely with you in order to give you the best schedule, service, and overall experience possible as you make this transition from high school to college.
- Registration for entering freshmen is handled through the US mail, Brockport email (Bmail), and Web Banner (our Campus Information System) and is initiated by paying the advance tuition deposit.
- Once the advance tuition deposit is received a welcome letter with directions and next steps will be mailed to the student.
- Follow the directions in the welcome letter to complete the freshman course preference survey. By completing this survey completely and accurately, you will provide critical information (transfer credit, student course preferences for general education program, etc.) to faculty advisors that are creating student schedules.
- Access the Freshman Course Preference Request by logging in through Brockport's Self-service Web Banner
- To help you understand and complete the freshman course preference request survey, you should download and read the Freshman Registration Manual.
- Approximately half of your course schedule is prescribed for you based upon your high school performance (including SAT and/or ACT scores), as well as the program of study you may have chosen at Brockport.
- You will receive your course schedule (and other materials) when you arrive for the summer orientation session. You must register for the summer orientations
- Students that are unable to attend a summer orientation session will receive their course schedule by mail after the last session has concluded.
- You can find information (including how to register) regarding Brockport's Orientation program on the Orientation Web site. You'll also want to check out Brockport Bound for more information.
For new transfer students and readmitted students (those accepted for readmission after an absence of one or more semesters from Brockport), you have the opportunity to choose and register for classes by working with your academic advisor. Here is an outline of the process for registration:
- You will receive your acceptance letter from Admissions. Shortly after you will receive information from Academic Advisement on paying your deposit and accessing other resources to aid in your transition to Brockport.
- Within two weeks of paying your deposit, you will receive an email with instructions on how to connect with your academic department for advisement and course registration
- You will work with your academic department to formulate a list of potential classes for your upcoming semester.
- You will be able to register according to the Registration Schedule once you have your list of classes and your advisement key number from the advisor. Your class standing is determined by the number of credits completed by the end of January.
- The Online Course Schedule is available so that you can find sections of the recommended classes that best suit your needs and build your schedule.