Recommended Courses in the Freshman Year
Recommended Courses in the Sophomore Year
Depending upon the Communication Studies specialties, selected by Advisement:
- CMC 211 Protest and Public Opinion
- CMC 273 Interpersonal Communication
Recommended Courses early in your college career (you must take two before you are done with your major):
- CMC 312 Argumentation and Debate
- CMC 316 Interpersonal Communication in Business and the Professions
- CMC 317 Interviewing
- CMC 415 Dynamic Speaking in Professional Contexts (prereq 201 AND CMC 316 OR CMC 332)
- CMC 475 Communication Internship (application required)
- CMC 483 Communication Training and Development (Instructor's approval required)
This major/program requires a grade of “C” or above in CMC 201. “C-” grades are NOT acceptable and require repeats unless otherwise specified.
Please see an advisor from the Communication Department for further direction by the time you have completed 15 credits. Choice of a specialty area will determine which courses must be taken next.