Majors: Biology or Exercise Science
The 3 + 3 Doctorate of Physical Therapy (DPT) Program is an early decision program that requires 3 years of study at The College at Brockport and 3 years of study at SUNY Upstate Medical University. Upon successful completion of three years at Brockport, the student will transfer to SUNY Upstate Medical University and after successful completion of the first year at Upstate, Brockport students will be awarded a Bachelor's degree from The College at Brockport. Upon successful completion of three years at Upstate in the DPT program, students will be awarded a DPT degree from SUNY Upstate Medical University.
College students accepted to the 3+3 DPT program with Upstate must complete all courses required to meet degree requirements at Brockport as well as all prerequisite courses for the DPT program as outlined in the affiliation agreement and in their letter of acceptance. Prerequisite courses include the following:
|Anatomy and Physiology I and II or one semester
each of Anatomy and Physiology
|General Biology I and II||8*|
|General Chemistry I and II||8*|
|General Physics I and II (requires pre-calculus as a
|English (Composition recommended)||3|
|Psychology (Child or Developmental
CPR and First Aid certification are required at the time of matriculation.
*All science courses must include labs.
Conditions of Acceptance by Upstate are as follows:
- Students accepted for early decision will be required to maintain a minimum 3.3 GPA with no grade less than a B in the sciences.
- GREs are waived for students accepted under the Early Admission Program for the 3+3 DPT.
- All science prerequisite courses must include laboratories, and are acceptable for transfer credit with grades of "C" or better.
- The College at Brockport agrees to accept the first year of academic study in the DPT Program at Upstate as the final year of study at Brockport and will grant a Bachelors Degree upon successful completion (at least a 2.0 GPA) of the first year of study at Upstate.
- Students will spend three years at The College at Brockport and three years in the DPT Program at Upstate.
- The College at Brockport agrees that a student accepted by Upstate will pay DPT tuition to Upstate for the first year and all subsequent years of study at Upstate.
Baccalaureate Degree for the 3 + 3 Program:
- Students will be awarded the baccalaureate degree in Bachelor of Science in Biology or Exercise Science from The College at Brockport upon receipt of an official transcript from SUNY Upstate Medical
- University indicating successful completion (grade of C or better in each course) of the first year of Upstate's curriculum. The first year of study at Upstate requires a total of 42 credit hours over the summer, fall and spring semesters.
Questions can be directed by email to Dr. Eileen Daniel, Professor and Vice Provost, the Brockport Coordinator of the DPT Program.