Last year, it was about exploring all the options. This year is the time to focus your involvement on the couple of experiences that test your interests, skills, and passions whether that is working on campus or in the community, a research opportunity, or leadership program.
These experiences may help you figure out what you want to do, create lifelong relationships, have fun, learn something new, develop your strengths and skills, and give you experience for that first internship.
Check out the various events and opportunities to assist, challenge and help you be successful in your second year!
Welcome Week Greeters Call for Volunteers!
Want to be a part of a new tradition at Brockport? Have half an hour to spare? Want to impact our students' first day? The SYE program encourages you to sign up to be a Welcome Week Greeter, to help welcome our students back to campus!
Welcome Week Greeters will be stationed during the passing time between classes at designated locations through the early afternoon on the first Monday and Tuesday of classes. To volunteer, you will fill out the form to share your availability and we will be in touch with your station time and location via email once assigned.
We are asking that you come with a welcoming spirit and sporting your favorite Brockport gear and we will take care of the rest! We hope you will join us in this new tradition to welcome our golden eagle family home!
The ASC’s student Success Workshop program provides students with the opportunity to develop the skills needed to be successful at college. You can learn more about these workshops that are offered throughout the semester and register on MyBrockport.
Workshops are on a variety of topics including:
- Textbook Reading
- Time Management
- Lecture Note-taking
- Learning and the Brain
- Mindsets and Metacognition
- Decision Making 101
- Career Workshops
- Developing Professionalism
- Resume Clinic
- Leadership Development and Mentoring
- Civic Engagement
- Budgeting and Money Management
Career/Major Exploration Events
Fall 2020 Events:
- Welcome week: Saturday of Service, August 29th, Time: 1 pm (virtual)
- Part-Time Job Festival: Wednesday, September 2nd, Time: TBD (virtual)
- Young Alumni Career Panel: Thursday, October 1st, Time: TBD (virtual)
- Careers for the Common Good Fair: Thursday, October 29th, Time: TBD (virtual)
- Major & Minor Exploration Month: Various times & Locations throughout October. Details coming soon!
Spring 2021 Events:
Second Year Tradition Events
Check back soon for more details!
Moving Up Day
Half Way Day