The Transfer Experience Office holds your success at Brockport as the highest priority and looks forward to assisting you in being successful at the College.
Golden Eagle Orientation:
Undergraduate Transfer Students entering Fall 2021
Orientation is required for all incoming students.
Orientation is designed to help you understand academic requirements and expectations, identify campus resources and involvement opportunities, and understand important policies and procedures.
SUNY Brockport has a two-part orientation process for incoming transfer students:
Part 1: Attend a half-day orientation session in August.
- Students will have several session dates to choose from. Each session will be designated as either in-person or virtual. Students can choose the session date and format that works best for them!
- Students attending an in-person session are permitted to bring one guest. These guests will attend separate, but concurrent information sessions.
Deposited students can follow these steps to register for their half-day orientation session:
- Login to your Application Status Portal
- Click on Golden Eagle Orientation Registration (top right corner).
- Sign up for your session!
Transfer Student GEO Program (In-Person):
|8:45-9:45 am||GEO Check-In|
|9:45-11:30 am||Welcome Ceremony, Student Presentations|
|11:30 am-1 pm||Lunch & Information Fair|
|1-2:30 pm||Residential Life & Campus Resources|
|3-4 pm||(Optional) Academic Advisement, Financial Aid, and Campus Tours|
Transfer Student GEO Program (Online):
|10 am-12 pm||Welcome Ceremony, Student Presentations|
|12-1 pm||Break for Lunch|
|1-2:30 pm||Residential Life and Campus Resources|
|2:30-3 pm||Closing Ceremony|
Please note: All in-person sessions will follow COVID-19 guidelines and requirements at the time of the event such as pre-arrival testing, face masks, social distancing, etc. Detailed safety information and individual requirements will be shared via email before the session date.
Part 2: Complete a required online orientation module before classes begin.
- After attending the half-day session, students will receive access to the online orientation module and have time to review this important information before the fall semester begins.
If you have questions or concerns regarding orientation, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Helpful Resources:
Phone: (585) 395-2711