Transfer students with 24 or more credits who are looking for an opportunity to earn an upper-division credit while becoming more familiar with The College at Brockport may register for GEP 300, Transfer Academic Planning Seminar (TAPS).
Fall 2019 TAPS Course Schedule:
Mondays: 5:05 - 5:55 pm
Tuesdays: 12:55 - 1:45 pm
Wednesdays: 10:10 - 11 am
Thursdays: 9:30 - 10:20 am
This course is pass/fail.
- Provide regular contact with a faculty or staff member.
- Help student make best use of the faculty advisement system.
- Help student develop a supportive peer group.
- Help student navigate Blackboard, Banner and other College systems.
- Introduce student to the services available at the Career Services Office.
- Introduce student to the services available at the Student Learning Center.
- Help student understand how to use the College Library.
- Help student improve note taking, textbook reading and examination taking skills.
- Help student manage their time.
- Help student understand the Brockport General Education program.
- Inform student about drop/add, withdrawal and registration policies.
Students with fewer than 24 credits are required to participate in an extended orientation to college through a one-credit course called GEP 100 Academic Planning Seminar (APS) and will be automatically registered for APS during freshmen registration.