With a plethora of facilities including ceramic studios, printmaking labs, Mac labs, sculpture studios, and many more, our department offers students the outlet to express their creativity. Our program encourages students to follow their passion and we supply them with the means to do so.
Woodcuts and Steamrollers!
On Scholars Day, art students demonstrated how to make art prints using a large steamroller. These types of hands-on experiences help our students think creatively about their work.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Apply technical skills, elements of art and principles of design to achieve basic visual communication and expression in one or more media.
- Analyze the works and intentions of major diverse artists/designers and movements.
- Identify and demonstrate ways to utilize and apply their skills and abilities to postgraduate professional practices.
- Make viable connections between concept and form/media.
- Create works of art and/or design that respond to contemporary, relevant issues inside and/or outside of the discipline.
- BFA ONLY Employ professional competence in the major area of specialization, including significant technical mastery; produce work and solve problems independently; and develop a coherent body of work.