The following is effective March 19, 2020.
Our team recognizes the challenges of being away from the Brockport community and your normal routine as a student. We are here to support you in the coming weeks and look forward to providing many of our regular services in new, technology-focused ways. We will miss seeing you in person each day and wish you good health and success during the weeks ahead.
Effective immediately, Brockport Career Services is transitioning all upcoming appointments and events to online modalities:
Log-in to your Handshake account to access the many of our services and resources. Need help logging in?
Request an appointment and choose Video or Phone Call option. Your career coach will send you a link to click in order to connect to an online virtual appointment room or call you at the number you specify. If you prefer a phone call, please include the direct phone number you would like your career coach to call. Appointment Types: Career Coaching (Exploration), Job Searching, Mock Interview, Grad School
- Students with already scheduled appointments will receive Zoom webinar links to meet virtually with their career services professionals.
- Drop-in hours 12:00-3:00 M, W, F are postponed until further notice or when campus resumes normal operations.
- The Career Services team will be adding a significant number of new appointment slots in Handshake including many during the 12:00-3:00 drop-in timeframe. Please make an appointment to connect with us virtually.
- The Clothes Closet will be available by appointment only. Call (585) 395-2159 to make an appointment.
We will be updating our events in Handshake, which are also always viewable at https://app.joinhandshake.com/events
- We expect to add new virtual opportunities to connect with employers and alumni in the coming weeks to our Events, so please keep an eye out for exciting opportunities.
Visit the Career Center Website
Review all resources available to you for Career Exploration and Planning, Resume Resources, Career Guides, and Job Searching sites.
Remember that phenomenal resources like Career Shift and Quinncia are available to you 24/7 to network with employers and practice interviewing skills wherever you are. Vault is a great resource to gain insightful career intelligence, explore internships, research companies, and more.
In many ways, your experience will be similar to that of a remote employee. For some insights into structuring your time, take a look at this informative video. While Tips #7 & 8 are less relevant because they focus on getting out for in-person interactions, there are many other useful tips to help you navigate the weeks ahead.
For any questions or concerns, reach out to us anytime at email@example.com.