Designed for individuals who hold (or will soon hold) a NYS teaching certificate in Biology grades 7-12. Leads to professional certification in Biology grades 7-12.
Admission to the Program
The application process is managed by the Graduate School. Applicants must have the following qualifications:
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited four-year college or university with a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Valid New York State initial certification in Biology grades 7-12
Students must meet the College's standards for graduate study.
- EDI 601 Diversity in Education
- EDI 603 Educational Assessment and Evaluation
- EDI 617 Advanced Methods in Science
- EDI 623 Reading Research in Adolescence Science
- EDI 793 Seminar in Science Education
- FOUR liberal arts graduate courses (12 credits) from:
- TWO graduate elective courses (6 credits)
Minimum Total Credits: 33
Students who complete this program are eligible for the College’s recommendation for New York State certification. Program completion and submission of the recommendation request form are also required to secure the College’s recommendation. Additional New York state certification requirements must be satisfied to earn certification. Students are advised to consult the Brockport Certification Office.