This 15-credit graduate certificate in adapted physical education (APE) enables students to pursue and attain a certificate without necessarily pursuing a graduate degree. With approval, coursework in the certificate may later be applied to partially meet requirements for an MSEd in Physical Education and its concentration in adapted physical education.
Admission to the Program
Matriculation into the APE certificate program depends on several factors. Minimum standards for admission include:
- a bachelor's degree
- applicants must demonstrate a relevant knowledge base, including, at minimum, 12 credits in the professional field of physical education
- GPA requirements:
- Students with a cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0 and above will be eligible for regular admission into this program.
- Students with a cumulative undergraduate GPA of between 2.5 and 2.999 may be recommended for conditional admission. Students granted conditional admission must successfully fulfill a conditional contract established by an advisor.
- Students with an undergraduate GPA below 2.5 are ineligible for admission
Students must meet the College's standards for graduate study.
Required Courses (15 credits)
- PES 581 Instructional Strategies in Adapted Physical Education
- PES 582 Adapted Physical Activity and Sport
- PES 683 Program Development in Adapted Physical Education
- PES 684 Seminar and Practicum in Adapted Physical Education
- PES 686 Consultation in Adapted Physical Education