A minor in broadcast meteorology is available to students who wish to become informed communicators of weather information to mass audiences using electronic and print media.
Admission to the Program
Any undergraduate student can declare this minor.
The minor consists of 21 credits selected from courses in the Departments of Communication and the Earch Sciences.
- ESC211 Introduction to Meteorology
- ESC311 Synoptic Meteorology I
- ESC312 Synoptic Meteorology II
- CMC200 Intro to Digital Video and Audio
- CMC343 Broadcast Announcing
- ONE of the following courses:
- CMC224 Newswriting and Reporting
- CMC243 Media Writing