A 12-credit certificate program for those who already hold a master’s degree in counseling. Provides all the educational requirements for provisional certification in New York State as a School Counselor.
Admission to the Program
The application process is managed by the Graduate School. The application process includes:
- an online graduate application with the student's written objective for entering the program;
- all undergraduate and graduate transcripts; and
- three letters of recommendation (from an employer, a professor, and a character reference).
Applicants must have a master's degree in counseling.
Students must meet the College's standards for graduate study.
- EDC619: Counseling in School Settings – 3 credits
- EDC722: Implementation I: School Counseling – 3 credits
- EDC735: Implementation Supervision Experience/Theory – 3 credits
- EDC728: Implementation II: School Counseling – 3 credits
Total: 12 credits
Students who complete this program are eligible for the College’s recommendation for New York State provisional certification as a school counselor. Program completion and submission of the recommendation form are also required to secure the College’s recommendation. Additional New York state certification requirements must be satisfied to earn certification. Students are advised to consult the Brockport Certification Office.