The purpose of this 12-credit program is to assist school counselors who are provisionally certified to accrue the academic requirements to apply for permanent certification in school counseling in the State of New York. Students applying for this program must have successfully completed a master's degree in counseling in order to be eligible for the CAS in School Counselor Supervision.
Admission to the Program
The application process is managed by the Graduate School. The application process includes:
- an online graduate application with the student's written objective for entering the program;
- all undergraduate and graduate transcripts; and
- three letters of recommendation (from an employer, a professor, and a character reference).
Applicants must have a master's degree in counseling.
Students must meet the College's standards for graduate study.
- EDC883: Counselor as Systems Consultant – 3 credits
- EDC884: Advanced Group Counseling – 3 credits
- EDC885: Supervision of Counseling – 3 credits
- ONE graduate elective course: 3 credits
Total: 12 credits
Students who complete this program are eligible for the College’s recommendation for New York State permanent certification. Program completion and submission of the recommendation form are also required to secure the College’s recommendation. Additional New York state certification requirements must be satisfied to earn certification. Students are advised to consult the Brockport Certification Office.