Many students working toward teacher certification and/or majoring in other disciplines elect to complete a minor in order to strengthen their degrees.
Admission to the Program
Any undergraduate student majoring in another discipline can pursue this minor.
A minimum of 18 credits, of which at least 10 must be at the 300/400-level, is required for the minor. Students declaring a minor in biology must earn at least nine credits of biology courses at Brockport. Since no specific courses are designated, a variety of tracks are possible and it is important that students seek advisement through the department's undergraduate coordinator (inquire in Room 103, Lennon Hall).
- ESC211 Introduction to Meteorology
- ESC311 Synoptic Meteorology I
- ESC312 Synoptic Meteorology II
- CMC200 Intro to Digital Video and Audio
- CMC343 Broadcast Announcing
- ONE of the following courses:
- CMC224 Newswriting and Reporting
- CMC243 Media Writing