The AACSB-accredited Business Administration Major prepares students to assume entry-level positions in an organization and offers a firm grounding in all of the functional areas of business. The program also prepares students for graduate business study.
Admission to the Program
A student's cumulative GPA in the foundation courses is used to determine whether the student will be admitted to the major. Students must earn a minimum GPA of 2.5 in the foundation courses below, with no grade lower than "C-." Transfer grades are included in this GPA.
- CIS217 Fundamentals of Business Computing
- ACC281 Introduction to Financial Accounting
- ACC282 Introduction to Managerial Accounting
- ECN201 Principles of Microeconomics
- ECN202 Principles of Macroeconomics
- MTH244 Business Statistics
- ONE of the following:
- MTH201 Calculus
- MTH221 Business Calculus
Note: An introductory statistics course from another discipline may be substituted for MTH244. However, credit towards graduation will be allowed for only one introductory statistics course.
Students who successfully complete these requirements can declare the major in business administration.
Students pursue the Business Administration Major as part of a Bachelor of Science degree, and must satisfy its requirements. Students are also bound by the policies and procedures of the School of Business and Management.
Note: Only business students who have declared their major or minor are permitted to register for courses numbered 400-499 in the School of Business and Management.
- ENG302 Business Writing
- BUS389 Business Careers Seminar (1 credit)
Business Core Courses
- ECN304 Intermediate Statistics
- BUS325 Principles of Finance
- BUS335 Principles of Marketing
- BUS345 International Business Environment
- BUS361 Production and Operations Management
- BUS366 Organizational Behavior
- BUS375 Business Law I
- BUS378 Business, Government, and Society
- BUS475 Strategic Management
- BUS260 Professional Skills and Acumen (1 credit)
- BUS317 Management Information Systems
- BUS465 Human Resources Management
- plus TWO of the following courses by advisement:
- ACC 388 Cost Accounting
- BUS 415 Data Management
- BUS 417 Systems Analysis and Design
- BUS 418 Advanced MIS
- BUS 462 Quality Management Systems
- BUS 463 Small Business Management
- BUS 464 Electronic Commerce
- BUS 466 Project Management
- BUS 467 Employment Law and Compliance
- BUS 468 Advanced Human Resources Management
- BUS 469 Management Topics Seminar
- BUS 490 Research Colloquium
- BUS 498 Internship
- ECN 361 Labor Market Analysis
- at most ONE of the following may count toward the major:
- BUS 432 Personal Selling and Sales Management or
- BUS 438 Supply Chain Management
Note: To satisfy degree requirements for the B.S. in Business Administration, students must:
- Earn a grade of at least C- in all courses required for the major.
- Earn an overall GPA of 2.0 in all courses required for the major.