The bachelor of arts or bachelor of science in liberal studies degrees provide a wide range of educational options leading to an individualized educational program. The required seminar courses are offered online and through independent study while the electives may be completed online, hybrid or in a traditional classroom. The program focuses on social sciences, natural sciences, humanities/fine arts, and an individualized area of research.
The degree requires students to earn a total of 27 credits in Liberal Studies core courses (3 credits each):
- BLS 300 Introduction to Liberal Studies
- BLS 400 Humanities/Fine Arts Seminar
- BLS 405 Research in Humanities and Fine Arts
- BLS 410 Natural and Mathematical Sciences Seminar
- BLS 415 Research in the Natural and Mathematical Sciences
- BLS 420 Social Sciences Seminar
- BLS 425 Research in the Social Sciences
- BLS 430 Integrating Seminar
- BLS 435 Integrating Seminar Research
Under advisement, students select 33 credits of electives across the disciplines, offered in varied instructional formats.