The marketing minor is created for students in any major who wish to develop marketing skills and knowledge, which may include but not limited to students in Communications, Computer Science, Health Science, Dance, and Sport Management. Declared majors in other business disciplines including Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, and International Business are also eligible to enroll once meeting the entrant requirements.
Admission to the minor is competitive; see admissions requirements below.
Admission to the Program
A student must complete 30 undergraduate credits with a GPA of 3.0 or higher, and receive a grade of "B" or higher in ONE of the following courses to declare the business minor:
- MTH 111 College Algebra
- MTH 122 Pre-Calculus
- MTH 201 Calculus I
- MTH 202 Calculus II
- MTH 221 Calculus for Business, Social and Life Sciences I
- MTH 281 Discrete Mathematics I
The minor must be completed with an overall GPA of 2.0 in all courses taken at The College at Brockport. At least 9 of the 18 credits for the minor must be completed at The College at Brockport.
- ONE of the following economics courses:
- ECN 100 Contemporary Economic Problems
- ECN 201 Principles of Microeconomics
- ECN 202 Principles of Macroeconomics
- MTH 244 Business Statistics (or equivalent)
- BUS 335 Principles of Marketing
- THREE of the following marketing courses:
- BUS 433 International Marketing
- BUS 436 Marketing Research
- BUS 437 Advertising and Promotion
- BUS 439 Special Topics in Marketing
- BUS 440 Business-to-Business Marketing
- BUS 441 Marketing Management