The business minor is intended primarily for students pursuing majors outside the school of business that also have some interest in business studies. Also, students that began as business majors, but then decided to complete a major outside the School of Business, are good candidates for the minor.
The business minor provides students with a good overview of key principles and methods in economics, accounting, marketing, finance, and management. Because business studies often rely on quantitative analysis, students must meet the math requirements described below.
Admission to the minor is competitive; see admissions requirements below.
Admission to the Program
A student must complete 15 undergraduate credits at Brockport with an overall GPA of 2.5 or higher, and receive a grade of "C" or higher in ONE of the following courses to declare the business minor:
- MTH 111 College Algebra
- MTH 112 College Mathematics
- MTH 122 Pre-Calculus
- MTH 201 Calculus I
- MTH 202 Calculus II
- MTH 221 Calculus for Business, Social and Life Sciences I
- MTH 281 Discrete Mathematics I
Program Requirements (21 credits)
The minor must be completed with an overall GPA of 2.0 in all courses taken at The College at Brockport. At least 12 of the 21 credits for the minor must be completed at The College at Brockport.
- ONE of the following economics courses:
- ECN 100 Contemporary Economic Problems
- ECN 201 Principles of Microeconomics
- ECN 202 Principles of Macroeconomics
- MTH 244 Business Statistics (or equivalent)
- One of the following accounting courses:
- ACC 280 Introductory to Accounting or
- ACC281 Introductory to Financial Accounting
- ACC 280 Introductory to Accounting
- BUS 325 Principles of Finance
- BUS 335 Principles of Marketing
- BUS 365 Principles of Management
- ONE additional Business or Economics course at the 300 or 400 level, excluding BUS 366