Students interested in developing the skills necessary to manage nonprofit organizations should consider this graduate certificate. Students who wish to develop more thorough prepartion should also consider the Master of Public Administration (MPA) program, with its emphasis on nonprofit management.
Admission to the Program
The Certificate in Nonprofit Management is open to two types of students:
- Students who have already earned a bachelors or masters degree in a field other than nonprofit management and are not currently enrolled at SUNY Brockport may apply to the program through The Center for Graduate Studies.
- Students who are already enrolled in a graduate degree program at SUNY Brockport should contact chairperson of the Department of Public Administration.
Students must meet the College's standards for graduate study.
In order to obtain the certificate, students must successfully complete (with a grade of "B" or better) the four graduate courses as follows:
- PAD 637 Marketing for Public Service Organizations, 3 credits
- PAD 640 Financial Management, 3 credits
- PAD 678 Nonprofit Management, 3 credits
- PAD 546 Foundations of the Nonprofit Sector, 3 credits
Students who pursue this certificate concurrently with a graduate degree program at SUNY Brockport should consult with their advisor to determine how credit earned for the certificate might be used toward their chosen degree.