The AACSB-accredited Online Degree Completion program is designed to provide the junior and senior-level courses required to complete a BS in Business Administration. This program is aimed at qualified transfer students who are otherwise unable to commit to the on-campus program. The coursework is 100% online and allows you the flexibility to enroll either full or part-time depending on your schedule.
Build specialized competencies in human resources, organizational management, business analytics, and information systems while building your professional expertise. Develop teamwork, communication, and presentation skills that are the key to success as a manager. You will have numerous opportunities to work on class projects, case analyses, and business simulations to develop critical thinking and team building skills. Join a wide variety of student clubs, compete in our annual business plan competition, develop and implement fundraising projects, and network with local business professionals.
You will also receive personal guidance from a dedicated academic advisor to help you develop a customized degree completion plan and get priority registration into our online business courses.
Admission to the Program
Applicants should have completed significant credits toward an associate degree and introductory business courses. Consultation at time of application will help prospective students determine feasibility and time to graduation.
- Students must apply to The College.
- Obtain and submit all required documents including college transcripts from all institutions you have attended.
Students must earn a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 in the foundation courses, with no grade lower than "C-." Transfer grades are included in this GPA.
General Education (41 credits)
Major Departmental Requirements
A student's cumulative GPA in the foundation courses is used to determine whether the student will be admitted to the major. Students must earn a minimum GPA of 2.5 in the foundation courses below, with no grade lower than "C-." Transfer grades are included in this GPA.
Foundation Course Requirements (21-22 credits)
- CIS217 Fundamentals of Business Computing
- ACC281 Introduction to Financial Accounting
- ACC282 Introduction to Managerial Accounting
- ECN201 Principles of Microeconomics
- ECN202 Principles of Macroeconomics
- MTH244 Business Statistics
- ONE of the following:
- MTH201 Calculus
- MTH221 Business Calculus
Note: An introductory statistics course from another discipline may be substituted for MTH244. However, credit towards graduation will be allowed for only one introductory statistics course.
Students pursue the Business Administration Major as part of a Bachelor of Science degree, and must satisfy its requirements. Students are also bound by the policies and procedures of the School of Business and Management.
Note: Only business students who have declared their major or minor are permitted to register for courses numbered 400-499 in the School of Business and Management.
Prerequisites (0-6 credits)
- MTH 111-College Algebra
- MTH 122-Pre-Calculus
Co-requisite Courses (4 credits)
- ENG302 Business Writing
- BUS389 Business Careers Seminar (1 credit)
Business Core Courses (27 credits)
- ECN304 Intermediate Statistics
- BUS325 Principles of Finance
- BUS335 Principles of Marketing
- BUS345 International Business Environment
- BUS361 Production and Operations Management
- BUS366 Organizational Behavior
- BUS375 Business Law I
- BUS378 Business, Government, and Society
- BUS475 Strategic Management
Management Specialty Courses (6 credits)
- BUS317 Management Information Systems
- BUS465 Human Resources Management
Management Electives (6 credits)
- THREE of the following courses by advisement:
- ACC 388 Cost Accounting
- BUS 462 Quality Management Systems
- BUS 463 Small Business Management
- BUS 464 Electronic Commerce
- BUS 466 Project Management
- BUS 467 Employment Law and Compliance
- BUS 469 Management Topics Seminar
- BUS 498 Internship
- ECN 361 Labor Market Analysis
- at most ONE of the following may count toward the major:
- BUS 432 Personal Selling and Sales Management or
- BUS 438 Supply Chain Management
Electives (5-12 credits)
Total Credits (120 credits)
Note: To satisfy degree requirements for the B.S. in Business Administration, students must:
- Earn a grade of at least C- in all courses required for the major.
- Earn an overall GPA of 2.0 in all courses required for the major.
Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the program, students will be able to:
Goal 1: Knowledge of Business: Students master knowledge of key business concepts and theories
Objective 1.1 Students are able to apply key business concepts and theories associated with core business areas.
Goal 2: Analytical and Critical Writing: Students are capable of critically analyzing business conditions, and communicate effectively in a written format.
Objective 2.1 Students demonstrate skills to critically analyze business issues.
Objective 2.2 Students demonstrate effective written communication skills.
Goal 3: Professional Preparedness: Students are prepared for successfully entering the job market.
Objective 3.1 Students demonstrate market readiness in a professional setting.