Upon completion of the program, students will be able to:
- Articulate a thesis in response to a historical problem
- Advance in logical sequence principal arguments in defense of a historical thesis.
- Provide relevant evidence in defense of a historical thesis.
- Evaluate the significance of a historical thesis by relating it to a broader field of historical knowledge.
- Express themselves clearly in writing that forwards a historical analysis.
- Use disciplinary standards (Chicago Style) of documentation when referencing historical sources.