Upon completion of the Communication Major, students will be able to:
- Speak well: Deliver an extemporaneous presentation that meets the needs of a given speaking situation and audience.
- Integrate multiple perspectives: Integrate multiple Communication theories/concepts to analyze and recommend multiple solutions for a socially significant communication problem, case, or situation.
- Advance quality arguments: Advance a sequence of evidence based arguments to support a given position.
- Write well: Write clearly and at a level appropriate to a given audience.
- Critically Evaluate: Critically evaluate a communication message using relevant theories/concepts.
- Demonstrate influence: Demonstrate influence strategies to address relevant social problems.